The Apostle Paul’s Letter to the Ephesians is one of the most dynamic portions of all of Scripture. Called by one commentator “the crown and climax of Pauline theology,” it issues a clarion call to all who follow the Master. With its dual focus on Christ and the Church, as well as its careful presentation of doctrine and duty, Ephesians points the way to true Christian living and victory in a sin-embattled world.
In this helpful volume, Pastor Hughes provides an engaging treatment of the major themes of Ephesians:
- The celebration of full redemption
- The mystery of a new humanity—a third race—in Christ
- The fullness of the Spirit for holy living
- The beauty of God-given roles in the home and workplace
- The implications of our position with Christ in the heavenly realms
- Resounding victory in spiritual warfare
This practical commentary on one of the most important expositions of Pauline soteriology in the New Testament will challenge and equip both pastors and students for a walk of spiritual power.