This is an honest, graphic and affectionately told account of the closing year of the life of a godly wife, dying of cancer. As such, it is both a love story and a testimony to the reality of the goodness and faithfulness of our covenant God in the hardest times of life.
It illustrates what happened when a precious wife was struck down by an aggressive, high-grade brain tumour. As well as openly portraying the problems and heartaches that the cancer brought, the book shows the reality of the presence of the Lord with His children in the intimidating valley of the shadow of death. It also reveals the surprising robustness of the work of grace in the heart, and the immense value of a loving church in supporting suffering believers. The book closes with an honest account of coping with the grief that inevitably follows such a loss, and readjustment to life as a single person after a long and happy marriage. In addition, it seeks to provide proven practical wisdom for those in a similar situation, and explores the biblical truth that can support and more than sustain those coming to terms with losing a spouse and entering the unique loneliness of widowhood.
This is a book for many people, especially:
- Those going through, or having passed through, similar experiences
- Those seeking to support and help those facing similar trials
- Christians who lives are blighted by the fear of being struck by such afflictions
- All interested in a defense of Christian hope regarding death and beyond
- Those unbelievers who wonder what difference biblical faith makes in such times
- The Last Valley
- Evangelical Press