This colorful, beautifully illustrated children's book invites children ages four through seven into Gwen Raccoon's world to learn alongside her how to have the courage to always tell the truth.
Gwen Raccoon is embarrassed when she gets a failing grade on a math test. But that's not the big problem: the big problem is that she is cultivating the habit of lying to do what she wants and cover up her mistakes. Gwen's lies pile up. But when Mama confesses her own failure to tell the truth, Gwen gains the courage to confess and ask forgiveness of Jesus and of those she has lied to.
Edited by Edward. T. Welch, Gwen Tells Tales helps young readers see how God always accepts us when we confess sin and repent; and further, how he gives us the humility to speak the truth when it's hard. A special section at the end of the book guides parents in helping their children be truth-tellers. Also included is a tear-out page of Back Pocket Bible Verses to remind children and adults that God's forgiveness is always available to cleanse us from sin; and the Holy Spirit always gives strength to speak the truth.
A new series of hardback, illustrated children's books for three-to eight-year-olds - each centered on an animal family - bring gospel help and biblical counsel to families. The animal characters, colorful illustrations, and the real-life issues each animal family face will captivate children. The last page of each book contains information for parents on how God, in his Word, helps children apply biblical truth to specific issues. Together children and parents will be guided by the stories into meaningful conversations about living by faith in the details of everyday life.
- Each story, based on a different animal family, will keep even the youngest child engaged.
- Brightly colored, fun illustrations welcome children into a detailed animal world.
- Each story helps children process a challenging situation with concrete, grace-based, help.
- Instead of moralism, children are offered a practical way to follow Jesus through a difficult situation.
- Based on CCEF's model of hope and help that encourages a growing relationship with Jesus.
Gwen Tells Tales
New Growth Press