Theology can be intimidating. Perhaps questions like these have kept you from engaging with it: “What is theology?” “Who does theology?” “What happens if I get something wrong?”
The goal of this book, and of theology, is knowing and loving God well. This is a lifelong journey, a never-ending pursuit, not for knowledge that puffs up but with God as the prize. Authors Jen Wilkin and J.T. English invite you to become more than a mere consumer of theology, but a contributor to the conversation about God.
You are a theologian.
You Are a Theologian addresses theological questions such as:
- Who is God? – The Doctrine of God
- What is God like? – The Attributes of God
- What is the Bible? – The Doctrine of Scripture
- Who are we? – The Doctrine of Humanity
- What went wrong? – The Doctrine of Sin
- What has God done? – The Doctrines of Christ, Salvation, and the Holy Spirit
- To whom do we belong? – The Doctrine of the Church
- How does the story end? – The Doctrine of Last Things
You Are a Theologian