We tell our aspiring church planters, “We want to prepare you for a thirty-year run!” So what will keep us going? How can we be faithful to the end?
This resource shows us what it looks like to start faithful and stay faithful in church planting ministry. Tony Merida draws wisdom from the Scriptures to show us the eleven key competencies that mark a healthy church planter. If you aspire to plant churches, whether you’re a seasoned pastor or a growing leader, The Faithful Church Planter will equip you to be deployed around the corner or across the globe, scattering gospel communities everywhere.
The Faithful Church Planter by my friend Tony Merida sees through the “cool” church planter image that has let us down. Tony guides us back to what we really believe. This book will help raise up a new generation of faithful and fruitful church planters who deserve to be celebrated and supported. Ray Ortlund, Renewal Ministries, Nashville
Praise for the book:
"Many of us have come to see that God is at work in unprecedented ways in this country and around the world through the planting of new churches. Few people have earned the respect in church planting as Tony Merida. This book will enable those planting churches, or wondering if they should, to benefit from the wisdom and experience of one who of the key leaders of the church planting movement today. If you care about church planting, you will come away from this book with a kind of coaching and mentorship that can only come from one with this sort of earned credibility and authority and fidelity."
- Russell Moore, Public Theologian, Christianity Today
"I can’t recommend this book highly enough not only for church planters, but also for every pastor and ministry leader. It’s essential reading."
- Scott Sauls, senior pastor of Christ Presbyterian Church and author of Jesus Outside the Lines and A Gentle Answer
"The Faithful Church Planter is a must-read for anyone whose heart beats for the Great Commission work of church planting. This resource needs to be in every pastor, planter, and aspiring planter’s hands as they follow God in this holy calling."
- Dr. Doug Logan, Jr. President of Grimké Seminary; Associate Director of the Acts 29 Network; Author of On the Block: Developing a Biblical Picture for Missional Engagement
"There are a lot of books that have been written on church planting. However, too often they simply focus on nuts and bolts at the expense of the character and calling of the planter. I am pleased to commend to you The Faithful Church Planter by Tony Merida which contains gems to be found for those who are prayerfully considering the work of church planting.”
- Dr. Winfield Bevins, Director of Church Planting, Asbury Seminary and Author of Marks of a Movement
“A healthy church multiples – it plants new churches. This book by Tony Merida would be an excellent one for a pastor to walk through with a growing leader who aspires to help lead one of those new plants. Because being able to plant takes more than just a desire to do so, but the gracegiven competencies to do so well to the glory of God."
- Scott Zeller, Executive Pastor of Redeemer Church of Dubai, Network Director, Acts 29 Emerging Regions
"Here you will find a biblically-faithful, gospel-soaked, treasure chest of practical wisdom. I want to put this book in the hands of every aspiring church planter exploring their calling, as well as every church leadership team who desire to send out healthy, multiplying churches. Highly recommend!"
- Adam Ramsey, Lead Pastor at Liberti Church, Gold Coast, Australia; Network Director for Acts 29 Australia, New Zealand & Japan; author, Truth on Fire: Gazing at God until Your Heart Sings
- Highlights 11 key competencies that mark a healthy church planter
- Portrays faithfulness in ministry of church planting
- Beneificial for both new and experienced pastors
- The Faithful Church Planter
- Evangelical Press